Monday, September 24, 2012

Love one another

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.  ~ Mark 12:30

There is so many different types of Love. The love that we have for our parents all the way to love that we have for our neighbor.  We I saw the opportunity for a guest post on Love I jumped on it.  Without hesitation.  Then I started to think what was I thinking?? What do I know that could be beneficial to others?? God took that challenge and threw me in full force! 

My husband and I started reading and participating in the Love Dare. If you haven't heard of it, watch the movie Fireproof! It is a wonderful movie with a great message. I watched the movie and immediately went out to find the book. Each day my husband and I read from it, study and learn. That wouldn't have happened without God's love for our marriage.

Then God used our Pastor to teach me even more. We have been studying many different messages that all lead us back to Love. 

1 Corinthians 13:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so must you love one another."

Then you have one of my favorite websites. What Christians Want to Know  Seems whenever I search for something I would stumble upon this site. So of course I started looking around, reading and learning. I signed up for their emails as well.  Every email that has come to me has had at least one article that I needed to hear. What does the Bible Say about Relationships? Bible verses about Fellowship 

To truly love as God wants us to is work. It is a blessing. It is an honor. We are to love God first and foremost even above our spouse. And with that -  everything else just falls into place. Love for our spouse, our children and even those who do us wrong. While researching, I found where someone said that the only way to have more love is to have a closer relationship with God who is love. How true is that! 

My family and I were saved on July 1st of this year.  I am living proof that turning your life over to him, loving God above all else and accepting him as your Lord and Savior ~ brings more love into your life <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment