Friday, September 14, 2012

C

Compassion ~  a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.


When I sat down to think of today's letter....Compassion came to mind very quickly. It is something that many choose not to express but surely should. I believe that all of us are quite capable of true compassion. 

John 13:34 states: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 

If we are following God's word, then we are showing compassion to others. Loving our neighbor's as God loves us. No one human is perfect and that includes me. But I certainly hope that when people look into my life they see compassion.  By my words, yes, but more so by my actions. I know when I look into my boys' eyes...I see compassion, true and loving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment