Sunday, January 20, 2013

2 Timothy 3:10-17

Journal Prompt: Read 2 Timothy 3:10-17. Paul is writing this letter from prison, shortly before he is killed. He is writing to Timothy – and us – with an important message. Write out verses 14-15. Paul is urging us to continue to learn…and to be convinced. 

We learn in a variety of ways – reading our Bibles, listening to sermons, worship through song, small group studies to dig deeper, daily devotions to think upon, etc. As we learn, we gain knowledge, but remember, being convinced is recognizing what you have learned as truth. Being convinced allows you to live a life that is different without being afraid. Are you convinced? 

Celebrate Jesus by taking your knowledge to the next level and becoming convinced. This may mean more regular church attendance, getting on a Bible reading plan {and sticking to it}, starting a family devotion, or getting involved in a small group. Whatever it means for you, dig in to reveal the truths God has to show you and then share with others!


Thank you SpotLIGHT316 for sharing your journal prompts!


2 Timothy 3:14-15 (NKJV)

14) But you must continue in the things in which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15) and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 

It isn't the same as writing it out on paper but I wanted to make sure that I spent that time at least 'typing' it word for word. This is a very good prompt for me. Knowing and being convinced are definitely two different things. To be convinced you can not pass up an opportunity to learn, to praise and to thank God. The more I study, the happier I am. God loves us each so much it is inconceivable for us to understand. For us to understand that He knows us better than we know ourselves. To grasp the true concept of His love for everyone. I know that as I come across so many post, scriptures and others reminding me to study His word each day ~ that I do not do it enough. I definitely have the knowledge that Jesus is my Savior. But I am truly convinced of all He can do.....I know in my heart that the answer is no. But I am working on it. Studying more and more. Listening to others more and more. Seeing the work He is doing with my husband, my boys. Life is good. GOD is amazing. How convinced are you?






No comments:

Post a Comment