Sunday, October 7, 2012

E

Effort: A vigorous or determined attempt or the result of an attempt.



I definitely need to put more of an effort into many things in my life. More effort into keeping up with my alphabet challenge. More effort into getting up at a decent hour. More effort into a clean house. But the greatest and truly effort isn't the right word more effort into daily reading of the word of God.

We know that truth comes from the word of God. We pray for guidance. We pray for direction. We pray for signs. While I have talked with God, on numerous occasions, the answer has always been clear. Spend more time reading, studying. I have talked with Him several times and I know in my heart that this is the right thing to do. The best thing.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (17) that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." 

Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree.. My day just doesn't seem 'right' if I haven't spent time in the Word..

    ReplyDelete