Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Matthew 19:14 ~ Helping Noah

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”   Matthew 19:14


I was looking for a scripture to help me deal with the heartbreak that I have been presented with and I am not sure that there will be one to provide me with the understanding that I was seeking.  I know that we are not to understand everything that we are presented with even at times like this when we want it. But I know that I can always turn to the Bible for comfort and peace when needed.


Noah's story was shared with me several weeks ago.  I am sad and feel helpless to say the least. My friend, Rivon, (who shared this story with me) obviously has a heart of gold and I hope she knows that. See, she took in two small children to help out a single mom of three. She opened her home, her heart, her wallet and so many other things to help them out when she didn't have too. She wanted to do everything she could to help her son's friend.  


She had asked me several weeks ago to pray for a young boy. To pray for a young family, that at a minimum, needed extra prayers. Noah had been diagnosed with cancer less than a year ago.  He lost one of his legs during this battle with the nasty, nasty and did I mention NASTY disease. Yet, here he is again.....fighting for his life. This time leukemia took over. 


Fighting to live past 10. Fighting to see 6th grade. Fighting to hug his Mom who wants to watch him graduate from high school.  You know....those things that the rest of us take for granted...which hopefully I never will again. I have three boys that I love, and continue to remind myself, are only on loan from God above. 


Rivon came to me to ask for more assistance.  I couldn't be more excited to feel less powerless...if that is possible anyway. She shares my love of everything Scentsy and thought it would be a great way to help the family. I had offered to do a fundraiser for her daughter some time before (for a school trip) but she knew this was much more important. 


Noah was only given a short time to find a bone marrow donor.  I pray that he finds what he needs long before that time frame comes around. But for now...I am doing what I can.  Rivon is doing what she can. Can you help us?? I am currently running a fundraiser to help the family.  To help a single mom of three adorable little gifts from God.  


Stop by my websites ~ the commission from the sales will be given to the family to use where it is needed the most. 


Help by the sense of smell: 
https://melissaberry.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy?partyId=87742631


Help by the taste of chocolate: 
https://melissaberry.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy?partyId=87742631


1 comment:

  1. psst....congrats on the NEW website (LOVE it!!)
    (and I like the "Matthew" thing.... :D)

    ReplyDelete